Friday, July 16, 2010

Lengthy

Well, it's been a long long time since I last wrote here. Not a lot has happened, but you know, I've found some things that I'm willing to share with... people.

First off, for five-ish days last week I was on a Marching Band trip to the Calgary Stampede.
It was pretty good.
Being there, living with people I never expected I would live with, really opened up doors to friendships and stuff. I talked with another Ben a lot, so we decided to name him "Ben3;" a suitable nickname. At the end of the trip, he took a card that we used to get into the place that we were staying, and he threw it. Really hard. And it stuck into a freakin' table. We always knew he could have the ability to kill.





I don't know if that embed will work, but if so, you should go look at it. The band is so psychedelic... and I love it. And It's all free. Booyah.

So over the course of today, I've eaten freezies and had bonding time with Max, cleaned out the shop, checked Facebook, and fallen in love with new bands, and with Ronald Jenkees. The song I can't get enough of is this:



I think the best bits of the song are from 0:00 to 7:01.
If possible, go look at more of Ronald Jenkees' stuff. His music can only be described (by me) one way. Electro-sexy.

A Quote from Ronald Jenkees:
If someone has no way of paying for my music, or if it's against their religion' to pay for anything digital (LOL), whatever the reason, I'd personally rather those people be able to enjoy my music rather than to not hear it at all. I'm not going to give a tutorial on how to download torrents of my album (google it, it's simple stuff) but I'm also not going to hate on anyone that downloads my music or shares it with a friend. That said, I still think it's important to support the stuff you like whether that's software, music, whatever... I hope that everyone will keep it in mind that Im an independent artist. I make most of my music from scratch and I'm not signed to any record label."

I don't know, I just really like the dude.

Anyways, I'm super excited for Maya to come down here. But I mean, it's seventeen days that they're staying... that could either be fantastic, or a little too long. There's no real middle ground there, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment